We are looking to add a talented researcher to the financial product design side of our business who can contribute to a wide range of empirical analyses of financial markets, rule-based strategy and index designs, and the development of technology around the firm’s intellectual property. This is not a software development position; rather, it is a research position with a strong programming component. Given the very nature of the firm’s focus on turning new ideas into products, there is seldom a dull routine moment, and the researcher will be called upon to produce creative and original ideas and execute them with rigor.
- Intellectual curiosity, propensity for original thought, and obsessive attention to detail
- Experience applying advanced mathematical and statistical techniques to solving complex empirical problems
- Experience programming in R, C++, or Python
- Strong working knowledge of statistics (e.g. simulations, experiment design, hypothesis testing, and time series) and probability (e.g. stochastic processes and Markov chains)
- A logical and thoughtful communication style
- Experience working in financial markets (not a must)
The quantitative researcher position is full-time and based in midtown Manhattan. Starting salary will be in a competitive range based on fit and experience. Successful candidates can expect compensation to grow with the company. We also offer summer internships to exceptional students.
Above all, we value enthusiasm for the subject matter and a love of learning. So if you like the idea of working in a lean and high-caliber environment on projects that will be used by some of the world’s largest financial institutions, we’d love to hear from you.