View job on Handshake
HAP Capital is currently recruiting for Quantitative Research Interns for our Summer 2022 internship program. The goal of the program is to provide exposure to our trading environment for students with an interest in trading, development, or quantitative research. Our program provides the opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience on a range of projects while also joining training and education sessions to gain a fuller understanding of our business. In this role you will get the opportunity to work alongside our traders, technologists and researchers with your work directly impacting the company. Interns will work collaboratively and be supported by individual mentors as well as a program leader. Ideal candidates will have a keen interest in trading systems development and research, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a passion for new technologies
As a Quantitative Research Intern, you will:
• Utilize ML and other quantitative techniques to analyze large data sets.
• Work closely with senior researchers, traders and software engineers to research and improve existing trading strategies.
• Explore and back-test new trading ideas using market data and alternative data sets.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program within 2 years of graduation, MS, or PhD program in mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science, finance, or other quantitative discipline.
• Python or R programming with a data science focus; object-oriented programming experience is a plus.
• Experience modeling real-world data in the context of a research project (or data science competition).
• Excellent creative problem solving and analytical skills.
• Motivated, competitive, and eager to learn.
• A self-starter attitude with strong problem-solving skills.