AIR’s IDD strives to improve the quality of life in developing countries by using rigorous research and evaluation to enhance education and social development. We work across a wide range of topics including workforce development, agriculture/food/nutrition, early childhood development, education, refugees and migration, social protection, water/sanitation/infrastructure, and women’s empowerment in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Central and Latin America as well as the Middle East. The IDD generates policy-relevant evidence through rigorous monitoring, evaluations, and research; helps improve program design through continuous learning and adaptation; and works with local organizations and governments to build sustainable solutions based on evidence.
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solve some of the most urgent challenges in the U.S. and around the world. We advance evidence in the areas of education, health, the workforce, human services, and international development to create a better, more equitable world.
The Quantitative Research Associate provides statistical and analytical support, responsibilities include:
- Collect, compile, validate, interpret, and analyze data and trends using standard practices and techniques
- Perform computer modeling or simulation or simple to moderately complex forecasting using standard software packages
- Apply quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods
- Work on moderately complex assignments under indirect supervision
- Conduct literature reviews and write sections of proposals and deliverables
- Responsible for maintaining and checking the accuracy of data for assigned projects
- Communicate project support needs and requests to senior management and clientele, provide administrative support where applicable
- Utilize external resources to supplement, organize, and contribute to tasks and projects
- Budget management and development
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of experience or Master’s degree in such fields as social sciences, statistics, quantitative methods or related field
- Experience with STATA/SAS/R or survey research required
- Fluency in French required
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software required
- Experience working in other countries required
- Experience having lived or worked extensively in francophone Africa preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on detailed assignments
- Willingness to travel as needed
AIR COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Notice: AIR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from AIR, as a condition of employment. AIR will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from AIR.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.