Up&Up is building a new way to live where renters build wealth like owners.
Instead of having a large portion of their cash stuck in a security deposit and making their landlords rich by paying off their mortgage, our renters build their wealth as the real estate market appreciates and as their rental home generates income. Renters have control over the income their rental generates by paying rent on time and keeping property expenses low. At the end of their lease renters can use the wealth they’ve accumulated to purchase the home or cash out.
If we’re successful in changing the way people live before they own, we’ll unlock a decade of compounding wealth creation that will drastically change our customers’ financial futures.
To pull off this ambitious mission, we’ve built an incredible early team and are backed by Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, and strategic angels from Opendoor, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, and Millennium.
What You’ll Get From Up&Up:
- The opportunity to join a mission-driven company that is working on a novel solution to a major problem
- A culture that prioritizes thoughtfulness, mentorship, and hard work
- A team with a diverse set of expertise across Real Estate, Finance, Sales, Engineering, and Data Science
- Competitive compensation and thoughtfully designed perks
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, commuter, 401k, etc)
- Flexible vacation policy with required time off – we work incredibly hard but also encourage taking time off to relax, reflect, and do what you love outside of work
Our Stack (Data):
- Database: Postgres, BigQuery
- Data engineering: Python (Apache Airflow, Apache Beam hosted on Google Cloud)
Our Stack (Software):
- Frontend: React, React Native, Redux, GraphQL
- Backend: Node.js, Google Cloud Functions, Hasura
One of the biggest (and most fun) challenges that we face is constructing a data-driven real estate platform so that our real estate investors and customers win. As an analyst specializing in Data Science and Business Operations, you’ll leverage your technical skills to solve a variety of critical problems around the business. In particular, you’ll own the entire data-driven solution process, from conceptualizing a problem in quantitative terms to communicating your insights to key non-technical stakeholders.
This is not your typical analyst role — every member of our team has the chance to work on mission-critical projects and grow quickly with the company. From your first week at work, you’ll be given responsibility for key projects and the opportunity to take on challenging problems.
- Own all aspects of data-driven projects from planning and implementation to optimization of current processes to make them better
- Be responsible for all aspects of analytical research, including investigation, presentation of results, and ultimately providing decision support services and actionable insights to the business.
- Establish reports to rapidly diagnose critical issues across the business and develop data-driven frameworks to address these issues
- Develop and maintain data processing pipelines and dashboards that inform key decisions with impact across the business
- Coordinate with key stakeholders around the business to communicate data-driven insights with a view to informing, and where applicable, challenging decisions that serve key Up&Up business goals
- Drive outcomes every day with passion and a sense of mission
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-2 years experience with SQL or experience with data analysis in a scientific computing language such as Python/R and ability to pick up SQL quickly
- Experience with modeling and visualizing data in BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of statistical principles (e.g. selection/sampling bias, linear regression, bayesian inference, etc.)
- Comfort collaborating with both technical and non-technical teammates
- Desire to work in highly collaborative environments and develop solutions that engage key stakeholders
- Eagerness to develop their craft through exposure to unfamiliar, challenging problems
- Willingness to learn on the job and pick up new skills rapidly
- The ability to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
Nice to Have
- Research or professional experience with data analysis in a scientific computing language (e.g. Python (preferred) or R)
- Experience with data engineering in a Cloud environment
- Familiarity with BigQuery and the Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of computer science, algorithms, data structures, etc.
Up&Up is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants to apply.