View job on Handshake
Overview of Quant Researcher – Data Science Position:
- Research statistical techniques such as Machine Learning and NLP to extract value from data
- Analyze large data sets using advanced statistical methods to identify trading opportunities
- Help to develop tools to solve complex data related problems throughout the firm.
Typical Day of Quant Researcher – Data Science:
- Primary focus throughout the day is on researching new techniques and exploring datasets
- Discuss and present research results with other researchers
- Deploy and monitor tools used in every day trading processes.
Skill Set Required For Position:
- Quantitative background – includes degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning and NLP
- Programming proficiency with at least one major programming or scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with colleagues across multiple regions
- Ability to work well under pressure.