We are immediately hiring a Purchasing and Supply Chain Specialist to join our team. We are seeking a detail-oriented specialist responsible for researching, identifying, selecting, and negotiating items with suppliers. The Purchasing and Supply Chain Specialist will work with staff across departments forecasting the needs of the business to make purchasing decisions based on customer demand and trends.
This is a full-time position (Monday-Friday) and will be located at our Aliquippa, PA Manufacturing Facility. ARDEX Standard office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Opportunity to work up to 50% remotely.
- Establishes lead times, re-order points, and safety stock levels, for outsourced finished goods, raw material, and packaging items.
- Issues purchase orders for outsourced finished goods, raw material and packaging components as needed, completing all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of import supply chain processes from purchase order thought final delivery
- Works with the other plants and their support personnel on inter-plant transfers of raw material and packaging items, both inbound and outbound.
- Lead in negotiations and management of locally sourced items
- Become subject matter expert on designated spend categories as assigned by Corporate Purchasing Manager
- Works closely with vendors regarding pricing, service, and quality issues.
- Works closely with freight companies regarding delivery issues.
- Works closely with Corporate Purchasing in contract negotiations to maximize the value of the negotiated agreement
- Support R&D innovations by sourcing new products for testing and experimental batches.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years supply chain experience.
- Experience within manufacturing environment is a plus
- International procurement experience strongly preferred
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience in SAP preferred.
- Professional with a good work ethic. Integrity, dependability, accountability, adaptability, detail-oriented, responsiveness, and good attendance are essential.
- Self-starter and ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Demonstrates ARDEX Growth Mindset competencies: Innovation, Open Mindedness, Collaboration, Agility, Initiating Action and Execution, Ownership
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, purchasing/procurement, or related field
- Competitive salary
- Immediate Paid Time off (PTO) eligibility, and 11 Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs and Wellness Initiatives
- 401K match
- Paid college tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee development and leadership development programs
- Reduced gym memberships
- Wellness programs
- Pet insurance
- Tickets at Work
- Community support initiatives