The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Public Health Analyst at EPA job with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Chapel Hill, NC.
Salary: $30.16 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
· Demonstrated education and/or experience in applying statistical methods in analyzing data and ability to manipulate data;
· Demonstrated education and/or experience using geospatial methods, analyses and programming;
· Significant R-language or Python programming (or equivalent open source scripting language) experience; and
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Master’s of Science degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Data Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Epidemiology, Public Health, Statistics, Social Sciences, or closely related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Public Health and Integrated Toxicology Division (PHITD) within the Office of Research and Development (ORD) at EPA focuses on the adverse public health impacts of environmental exposures. The Clinical Research Branch (CRB) of the PHITD operates laboratories and clinical facilities at the EPA Human Studies Facility building (HSF) and utilizes clinical data from large cohorts to study the effects of exposure to ambient pollution and other environmental exposures on human health and to elucidate biological and exposure mechanisms and the most responsive subgroups of the population. CRB is located on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Studies are conducted in close consultation with client offices in order to support the Agency’s mission.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Conducting exploratory analyses;
- Implementing statistical models;
- Developing geospatial datasets; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org