Location(s): Placements are based in Newark, NJ, which is an easy commute from NYC or suburban NJ.
Timeline: All applications should be fully completed by December 13, 2021.
Ready to make your impact?
Are you looking to take your career to the next level within a dynamic, impactful, and results-driven Data Science organization that’s at the forefront of business transformation? Do you love logical problem solving and intellectual challenges? Are you passionate about data, business and technology? If yes, we have a unique and exciting opportunity for you! As a Data Science Summer Associate, this is your chance to drive innovation, solve high impact business problems, promote data-driven decision-making and help prepare Prudential for the next 140 years.
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency. The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
What you’ll experience:
You’ll find yourself working side-by-side with talented data science leaders driving strategies to achieve business results while experiencing a customer obsessed, fully inclusive, risk smart, outcomes-driven and tech forward culture. You will build the framework for, as well as source, lead, and present forward-thinking, high-impact projects focused on supporting key strategic initiatives for our U.S. businesses, marketing and corporate functions. Your day to day may include:
- Integrating and mining large data sets, connecting data from disparate sources to identify insights and patterns using traditional as well as predictive and prescriptive analytics; source, scrub, and join relevant public, commercial, and proprietary data sources.
- Conducting intermediate statistical analysis, such as linear regression, ANOVA, time-series analysis, and classification models.
- With guidance, perform advanced statistical analysis, such as development of production-ready algorithms, neural networks, decision trees, as well as analysis of unstructured data (e.g., social media listening, digital footprints, speech analytics)
- Developing and maintaining consultative relationships with key business stakeholders
- Prepare and summarize findings in written and verbal reports and presentations for key stakeholders, communicating with both technical and non-technical team members
- Applying knowledge of Prudential’s U.S. businesses and corporate groups and relevant industry knowledge to analysis and insights, with a focus on “what it means” and actions to consider.
We offer highly competitive compensation and housing/transportation stipends if the role requires you to move geographically.
Your desired skills:
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited PhD degree program and are able to begin work full-time between December 2022 and May 2023.
- Preferred areas of study include Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning or a quantitative discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with research, innovation and in publications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in theoretical and applied machine learning models.
- Experience analyzing large data sets using statistical software, such as Python, applying a variety of statistical techniques such as regression, discriminant analysis, cluster analysis, CART, and CHAID segmentation.
- Prior experience using tools such as Python programming, SQL, SageMaker, or equivalent for statistical modeling of large data sets.
- Prior academic and work experience in statistics, with exposure to data structures and data visualization.
- Excel and PowerPoint a must plus well-developed written and oral communication skills, with ability to present data to business managers.
- Familiarity or experience with advanced topics, such as graph databases, deep learning, etc. is highly desired.
- Some prior exposure to financial services or insurance industry desired.
1. Submit your application and resume at the specific Prudential link and on your career services portal.
2. Participate in a first-round interview, to showcase your skills and experiences relevant for the role.
3. If selected, you’ll join us virtually for final round interviews to learn more about our business, culture and the data science opportunities available across our organization.