View job on Handshake
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Provider Insights (Pi) team within Provider Management Analytics has a simple philosophy; ask the right questions and get real results. With the singular focus of producing relevant, actionable information to our stakeholders, Provider Insights is committed to problem solving at the cutting edge of healthcare analytics, building technical solutions that function simply, understanding context and challenging the status quo, and maintaining productive relationships with our end users.
The Pi team is hosting a summer internship that provides a unique, real world experience to let an intern participate in an industry leading healthcare data and analytics team. Pi is hiring a Business Analyst Intern to help Anthem identify and address pivotal business and organizational opportunities with data analytics. The Intern will work side by side with Pi team analysts to talk to real users, identify their analytical needs, ideate solutions, develop dashboards and finally, provide training and support. In addition to day-to-day development, the intern will work closely with the Pi product development director on a new product launch and other one-off projects that help support the Pi reports. The intern will learn about healthcare reporting methodologies and enterprise product development processes.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides analytic consultation on business use cases and new product offerings
- Understands report requirements, communicates technical complexity and feasibility, and provides recommendations for solutions and implementation
- Develops high quality visualization, analytics, and reports. Experience with open source or commercial visualization tools like Tableau preferred.
- Communicates status updates frequently
- Creates technical documentation and supports Product Manager with end user training and documentation
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Informatics or related majors
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.