BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security (I&S) sector is seeking a talented, motivated individual for an internship with our Proposal Operations Team. This is an opportunity to join a diverse and dynamic team in order to gain valuable business operations experience, and exposure to defense contracting. The Proposal Operations will support Proposal Coordinators with:
- Analyzing RFP requirements
- Developing format guidance and templates for proposals, in concert with Proposal Manager and RFP guidelines
- Performing desktop publishing tasks such as reformatting proposal documents to ensure proper proposal styles, fonts, and graphics are being used
- Research and co-lead a working group to improve the PRO proposal template
In addition to on-the-job training, the I&S Internship Program offers:
Competitive Pay: Earn a competitive hourly wage, working full-time (Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week) through the run of the program (mid-May through August).
Opportunity for Future Employment: Many of our I&S interns return as interns and/or are hired on full-time after completing their degree.
Challenging & Meaningful Work: Your work will be challenging and impactful with on-the-job training and the opportunity to complete a summer project.
Networking and Development Opportunities: Through our LEAP internship program, you will have the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships as you participate in workshops, mentor programs, presentations with senior leaders, community involvement, tours of our exciting products, and other networking and development events.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
– Rising Junior or Senior currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Journalism.
– GPA of at least 3.0 or higher
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Word), SharePoint, and Adobe Professional/DC
– High attention to detail
– Virtual presenting ability and experience (Zoom)
– Demonstrated research and interview techniques for the co-lead working group
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
– Dedicated and flexible
– Excellent communication skills