Location: Bethesda, MD
GRSi, the 2021 Maryland Tech Council Government Contractor of the Year, is experiencing industry-leading growth. We have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in the country for seven years and are led by Maryland’s 2019 CEO of the Year. As part of our growth, we are searching for a Proposal Manager. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
The Proposal Manager manages proposals for the federal government sector supporting all aspects of the proposal development lifecycle, including developing outlines and schedules; writing proposal content; and managing deadlines, writers, and teammates to develop compelling and compliant proposal responses. Manages the proposal libraries and configuration management of proposal content and business development components for accuracy, currency, and usability. This position is characterized by shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, and evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks within non-negotiable client deadlines. Their duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Accountable for proposal management, layout, writing/editing, and production.
– Prepares a plan/schedule for each proposal effort, manages assignments, and collects and organizes proposal content.
– Interprets technical information and adapts it to engage a targeted readership.
– Plans and proofreads to ensure continuity and compliance with RFP requirements.
– Edits documents for the format, grammar, style, punctuation, and spelling.
– In support of task orders led by program managers, assists in the completion of the TO proposal, production, and quality assurance.
– Prepares and manages data calls, coordinating receipt of information from prime and subcontractors.
– Coordinates the efforts of diverse sets of authors to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks through various proposal review cycles.
– Supports Past Performance creation and updating of the narrative.
– Manages/writes Requests for Information (RFI)/Sources Sought responses.
– Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
– Works collaboratively with staff in all GRSi offices.
– Provides general research related to marketing initiatives as required, participates in meetings and activities, such as industry days, as needed.
– Assists in general writing and editing, including deliverables, marketing material, or internal corporate communications.
– Provides QA/QC of documents.
– Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to effectively work under pressure in a team-oriented environment supporting a high volume of work and manage multiple deadlines with a positive attitude. The specific requirements include:
– BA or BS in English, communications, marketing, liberal arts, or related discipline, preferred; followed by five+ years of relevant professional experience.
– Minimum of 3 years experiences writing and editing for a professional services firm.
– Minimum of 3 years experience coordinating proposals with quality and consistency.
– Minimum of 3 years experience managing the entire proposal process.
– Should have a thorough understanding of government federal contract proposal efforts, government RFP documentation, procurement process, proposal preparation, and evaluation and compliance.
– Able to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating flexibility, accountability, initiative, and self-motivation to identify and execute tasks.
– Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery; may require overtime to meet deadlines, sometimes on short notice.
– Must possess strong grammar and writing skills, including proofreading.
– Must be detail-oriented, organized, and can work under tight deadlines.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Computer skills include: MS Office – Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Adobe Acrobat; Graphics programs a plus: Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc; and Internet skills.
– In response to Executive Order 14042 and accompanying Task Force Guidance, all GRSi employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by GRSi prior to the start of employment.
Innovation, Collaboration, and Agility – at GRSi these aren’t buzz words, they’re our mantra.
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services — from systems integration; Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full-spectrum cyber security and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunities.
GRSi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*2021 – Government Contractor of the Year, MD Tech Council, Multi-Year Top5 Tech Company*
*2020 – Inc. Magazine Fastest-Growing Companies, 6x Honoree*
*2020 – G2Xchange NXT UP Federal Emerging Technology and Consulting Firms*
*2019 – MD Tech Council CEO of the Year*
*ISO 9001:2015, 20000-1:2018 & 27001:2013 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*
Requisition ID: 6768