The Project Support Specialist will provide a wide range of support across the organization, with focus on aspects that contribute to successful evaluation projects: data management, reporting, and administrative support. This position reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer and will support internal project teams. Apex has a strong presence providing evaluation services, data systems, and technical support to the school-based health care (SBHC) sector. The Project Support Specialist will be integral to serving our internal SBHC evaluation and technology teams. We are looking for someone who demonstrates self-motivation, personal accountability, and effective task management. At the heart of our technology strategy is the Apex Data Hub concept – where we integrate multiple technologies and data sources, including our own tablet-based and web-based tools.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage school-based health care data
- Collect data and correspond with SBHC sites to receive data
- Confirm and update data to upload to Apex Data Hub
- Complete a monthly visit data compliance checklist
- Perform regular data audits, internally and with site contact
- Support technology system security
- Follow up with sites and health care sponsors on Business Associate Agreements (BAAs) and Data Use Agreements (DUAs)
- Organize internal resources, such as security analyses performed to date
- Provide administrative and technical project support for evaluation team
- Build survey tools using online software
- Schedule meetings with external partners
- Maintain and organize files on Box file management platform
- Complete data entry, proofreading, and formatting of documents
- Utilize Asana project management software to track progress and tasks
- Other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associate degree or higher preferred. Strong client service skills and attention to detail required. Apex is a highly collaborative environment. A team player who can work independently is best suited to succeed in this position. Demonstrated experience and proficiency with various cloud-based software is necessary. Apex’s system is proprietary and we’re seeking someone who can adapt and quickly learn our tools.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- High attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication
- Collaborative and proactive
- Organized and self-motivated
Software proficiencies preferred:
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word)
- Google Suite (Calendar, Gmail, Docs)
Our core values shape our approach to our colleagues and partners. These values are learning, collaboration, excellence, equity, innovation, and leadership. Apex employees are expected to practice kindness and optimism; curious intelligence; work ethic; empathy; self-awareness; and integrity. Systems thinking is a part of our culture, which approaches problems using distinctions, systems, relationships, and perspectives (DSRP). This method of thinking is central to the way we approach our work at Apex. Knowledge of systems thinking is not a prerequisite for hire, and employees will receive ongoing training in this method of problem solving.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This full-time position pays $20/hr.
- Vacation and holiday paid time off (PTO) are included.
- Other benefits, including retirement plan and employer-sponsored health insurance, will be dependent on employee eligibility.
Apex Evaluation is based in Albuquerque, NM. Apex offers remote and hybrid work models.
Email your résumé and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2021 for best consideration.