As a member of the Global Data & Analytics Team, the Project Manager facilitates project management and coordination within Data & Analytics, assisting the team as we partner with multiple departments, including Global Marketing, Category Management, Shared Services & Finance, Global Technology, and Business Unit Leadership. This is a unique opportunity to work on a new, growing team within a large organization.
The Project Manager is primarily responsible for assisting the Data Governance team in their delivery of advanced data governance and data management projects that support key business results. The ideal candidate should possess the ability to contribute to the management of analytical and data management project work, including understanding the overall structure of projects, aid analysts in defining/refining project plan structure, interfacing with IT teams for shared projects, and providing critical project status updates.
We are looking for an individual with disciplined organizational skills who can collaborate effectively with others in the context of complex projects while providing high level status to leadership.
- Helps teams self-organize and self-manage
- Collaborates in the development and evolution of the project management structure for the Data Governance team
- Educates the team on project management principles and process
- Creates and maintains capacity plans
- Plans and communicates program and deliverable timelines
- Asks difficult questions, removes impediments, and makes issues and problems visible
- Escalates issues as necessary
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, work estimation, project retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, burn-down tracking, and other Scrum-related meetings relative to the needs of Data Governance and Management
- Contributes to user story creation/prioritization & product backlog grooming of requirements
- Ensures the Data Governance team is working efficiently towards sprint goals
- Coaches the Data Governance team and stakeholders on how to use Agile practices at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Assists the Data Governance team in practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- 3-5 years of experience in project management including coaching on agile methodologies and scrum ceremonies
- Familiar with Project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban & Scrumban)
- 2-3 years of experience with Jira including reporting, creating issue filters, and boards for monitoring sprint progress
- Background in Data Governance & Master Data Management solutions is preferred
- Significant experience coaching teams on sizing of user stories, breaking out and estimating tasks, and writing test scripts
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures, and technical standards – particularly as it relates to data management and/or analytics
- Proven leadership experience in achieving successful project outcomes
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company’s use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: