Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Job Title: EPC-Y Project Controls Cost & Schedule Analyst
Career Level From: Associate
Career Level To: Senior Specialist
Organization: Y-12 Project Controls Const. (50165758)
Job Specialty: Project Controls-Scheduling
What You’ll Do
Coordinates the planning, scheduling, estimating, monitoring, configuration control, analysis, and reporting on multiple scopes of varying size, complexity, and level of risk. The candidate will have significant interface with Project Managers, Core Team Members, as well as functional organizations. Provide project manager with tools to keeping projects on track, within budget and within compliance requirements
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, monitor, and control project scopes, schedules, cost estimates and risk for projects and tasks.
- Perform schedule, cost and resource variance analysis.
- Prepare cost and schedule reports, conduct effective cost and schedule trending processes and provide analysis for use to support corrective actions and produces timely reports for assigned projects.
- Ensures the data integrity and configuration control for assigned projects.
- Facilitates internal team communications and meetings.
- Assists with customer interactions, including tracking project management deliverables and presenting project management status to external or internal customers.
- Budgeting and Forecasting responsibilities in support of program planning, internal Fiscal year planning, and BOE’s for project execution.
What You Can Expect
Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security Top-notch, dedicated colleagues Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization Career advancement and professional development programs Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- OR Eight or more years of relevant education, training, and/or progressive experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements
Preferred Job Requirements
- High level of proficiency with Primavera P6 Proficiency with Microsoft software applications, including Windows, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint, and the ability to integrate applications
- Knowledge of or experience with project controls practices and principles, including work breakdown structure development, duration management, schedule logic and dependencies, critical path analysis, change control, cost engineering, estimating, Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS), status reporting, and what-if analysis
- Ability to resolve complex issues, strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communications skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities
- Should understand basic accounting principles
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, cost planning, and financial management software.
The minimum education and experience for the lowest career level in the job posting range are listed under Minimum Job Requirements. Successful candidates hired into a higher career level than the minimum in the range must meet the requirements listed in the job leveling charts for the career level into which they are being hired. If a range of Career Levels is posted, i.e., Senior Associate to Senior Specialist, internal applicants already in one of the Career Levels would come across at their current Career Level.
Internal applicants currently in a lower level Career Level would move to the lowest posted Career Level, and internal applicants in higher Career Levels may be considered, on an exception basis, to come across laterally based on the applicant’s education and experience, and the scope of work being performed in the role.
Requires a Q clearance; however all qualified candidates will be considered regardless of their current clearance status. The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q clearance is required. Position may require entry into Materials Access Areas (MAA) and participation in the Human Reliability Program (HRP). If HRP is required, candidate must complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph, pursuant to 10CFR 709. Medical requirements may apply.
CNS is a drug-free workplace. Candidates accepting a job offer will be required to pass a pre-placement physical, drug screening and background investigation. As an employee, you may be required to receive and maintain a security clearance from the United States Department of Energy in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information or matter. U.S. citizenship is a requirement for security clearance applicants. All employees are subject to being randomly selected for drug testing without advance notification.
CNS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, disability or veteran status