Nipun Capital is looking to hire a Programmer/Quantitative Developer to join a small team working in an entrepreneurial environment. You will work closely with senior investment professionals to build out investment products. Primary responsibilities are related to production support and quantitative development. Excellent career opportunities to grow into other areas of quantitative investment management, including research and portfolio management.
· Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms for processing data, updating stock return forecasts, and generating reports, etc.
· Develop and maintain processes to source, clean, and integrate data from all over the world.
· Work closely with researchers and portfolio managers to simplify workflow, automate reports, and build data driven dashboards.
· Strong interest in quantitative investment management.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science or related field.
· 1-2 years of software engineering experience, preferably in a related field.
· Proficiency in Python, data analysis and object-oriented design skills.
· Knowledge of relational databases (standard and cloud-based), SQL.
· Familiar with Linux. Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell).
· Well versed in designing, debugging and documentation.
· Experience with development of distributed/scalable systems.
· Experience with infrastructure automation technologies (e.g. Docker).
· Experience with workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow).
NIPUN CAPITAL, L.P., founded in 2011, is a specialty asset management firm focused on Asian and Emerging Market equities. We believe that investment success is based on applying fundamental and behavioral insights within a systematic investment framework. Our competitive edge lies in our focus on alpha extraction using local insights, disciplined risk management, the depth of our team and commitment to innovation. The firm’s Partners have worked closely together for over 15 years and have 60+ years of combined investment experience. We partner with prominent institutional investors globally including public and corporate pension funds, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds and family offices to help them exceed their long-term investment objectives.