View job on Handshake
About our group:
Seagate is the global leader in data storage solutions, creating amazing products for Enterprise, Desktop, Mobile Computing, and Consumer Electronics applications. Our products enable people and businesses around the world to create, share and preserve their most critical memories and business data. Seagate has recently been ranked among the Thompson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators!
We are seeking a Programmer/Information System Analyst to join our Supply Chain team in the Longmont, CO facility. This position will initially be focused on using Python to complete and maintain a custom Dash web application for a Commodity manager Negotiation tool, after which a similar type of tool will be created for the Indirect Materials Group as well as growth into system analysis with various in-use Business Intelligence tools.
About the role – you will:
Responsibilities will include requirements gathering, monitoring, de-bugging, and enhancing existing code, and supporting BI tool processes. This role will support the Project Manager and Director in reporting cost trends, providing insight to supply chain staff and management regarding measurements to cost reduction targets, opportunities, among other responsibilities.
In this role, you will assist stakeholder organizations in becoming more efficient and knowledgeable of cost implications by developing a clear and detailed process and reporting structure based on the use of a supply chain system of record. You will also work to maintain, enhance, and further expand the development of this system of record to enable faster and more accurate reporting of supply chain costs.
This role has a strong focus on system management, execution, and analysis.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Programming, or a related field, and registered for Fall 2022 courses
- Strong ability in Python ideally using Plotly, Dash and Pandas framework
- Experience in other coding languages such as R, SQL
- Experience or understanding of using GIT for version control
- Knowledge of business analytical tools such as Alteryx or KNIME, Tableau or Power BI, and Microsoft SharePoint Lists, Power Automate and/or Power Apps
- Strong data analytics (business and supply chain) including data visualization and scenario planning.
- Knowledge of Process Mapping and Process Improvement techniques.
- Ability to support after-hour calls as this role will interact with a global team.
Your experience includes:
- Passionate about making systems more efficient, reliable and user friendly.
- Self-motivated, a continuous learner, with the ability to stay prioritized and organized.
- Able to explain complex tasks or data to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Attention to detail and documentation.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Experience working with global teams.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Colorado’s 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly range for this position: $20-$33. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.