Please note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be a US citizen and apply directly on our website.
The Space and Geophysics Laboratory (SGL) delivers multi-platform software suites to government customers for diverse applications, from real-time data-intensive network operations to standalone remote field systems, in both Linux and Windows environments.
We are seeking an energetic software developer with a solid understanding of data pipeline automation, databases, and cluster computing to become a member of our data analysis team. As a key member of the team you will be responsible for development of scripts, applications and analysis modules in fulfillment of sponsored requirements. You will be a member of a small team tasked to maintain our data processing and analysis pipelines.
- Maintenance of existing automated processing pipelines.
- Development of new automated processing pipelines.
- Troubleshooting problems that arise while processing data.
- Design and implement new analysis algorithms.
- Provide guidance and assistance to junior employees.
- Further develop knowledge and skills related to automated processing pipelines.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of applied research experience.
- Experience with version control systems like git.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Proficiency in Bash, Python, C++, or C.
- Experience with automating processing workflows.
- Experience with cluster computing.
- Knowledge of basic parallel-computing practices.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and desire to work in a team environment.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or equivalent.
- Two or more years of professional experience as a software developer.
- CI/CD pipeline experience.
- Experience using containerized environments like Docker.
- Proficiency with the SciPy Software Stack (NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, etc).
- Experience with Slurm or other job schedulers.
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and data structures.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark “yes” on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.