Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Leadership and Program Development
● Contribute to and drive AALEAD’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as the overall management of the program team, in alignment with the mission and values of the organization.
● Provide effective and inspiring leadership to the program team, and develop a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
● Support the development of program models, ensuring alignment with positive youth development values, sustainability, and positive impact.
● Advise the Executive Director and executive team on all programmatic issues.
● Support program managers in ensuring program goals align with organizational goals.
● Establish performance indicators to evaluate and measure program success, quality of services, and outcomes for programs.
● Facilitate collaboration between the program team and the Executive Director to inform and drive advocacy and policy work.
● Build a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and performance-oriented culture, ensuring that team members feel accountable, thrive, and meet organizational outcomes.
● Ensure high-quality program design and harness and analyze data to improve programs.
● Oversee development and implementation of an evaluation plan for programs and services.
● Establish annual goals for the program and staff with programmatic performance indicators and track results.
● Lead the use of program data and evolve AALEAD’s database as needed to plan, manage, and evaluate services and programs.
● Support effective compliance with grant and contract requirements and program deliverables.
● Identify partnership opportunities for AALEAD to advance our programmatic goals.
Team Building and Development
● Lead the ongoing assessment and training of program staff and collaborate with program leadership to ensure that staff training supports high-quality services and programming.
● Mentor and develop the program team using a collaborative and supportive approach.
● Develop staff’s professional skills by creating, leading, and hosting in-house professional development sessions and connecting staff to outside opportunities.
● Conduct annual performance appraisals and ensure a culture of continuous feedback.
● Support the Manager of Development and Communications in the grants application process which may include providing data, youth narratives, and writing and editing proposals.
● Support fundraising meetings and events.
● Support site visits for funders at programs and program events.
Budget and Administrative Support
● Help develop the yearly program budget and once approved, work with the programs team and Manager of Finance and Operations to ensure compliance.
● Approve staff timesheets, requests for payments, travel logs, and credit card purchases.
● Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in a related field preferred, and at least five years of nonprofit management experience.
● Demonstrated experience managing a team toward shared meaningful outcomes.
● Demonstrated experience working with youth.
● Demonstrated grant management experience.
● Demonstrated experience with databases, analyzing data, and using data to manage performance.
● Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
● Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of low-income youth.
● Demonstrated leadership skills in motivating and inspiring staff, volunteers, and community members.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Experience managing budgets.
● Strong command in collecting and analyzing data
● Knowledge of performance management concepts.
● Experience working with Asian American communities.
● Ability to be flexible and respond to new opportunities.
● Organized and attentive to details.
● Fluency in an Asian language is a plus.
Mental and Physical Demands
● High level of concentration and attention to detail.
● Ability to drive – reliable means of transportation to travel throughout the region.
● Ability to work a Monday-Friday regular schedule and flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed; shifting schedule may be needed at least once per week.
● AALEAD requires the COVID-19 vaccine of all its employees. You will be asked to show proof of your vaccination.
● Asian American LEAD provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, marital status, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, or genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
How to Apply: Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Akil Vohra– at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email subject line, write “Application for Program Director”