**** NO applications will be accepted via Handshake. You must apply via USAJobs via this link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/638255000 Must be a U.S. Citizen. ****
Agency Contact Information
- Conduct studies of major Agency programs, policies, regulations, and practices.
- Evaluate effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of complex program operations throughout the agency.
- Collect, analyze and compile data.
- Support activities related to strategic planning, including development and monitoring of performance metrics.
- Prepare reports summarizing evaluations and making recommendations to senior management.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements (including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education) by the closing date of the announcement, as defined below:
Time in grade: Applicants must meet one year at the next lower grade to be considered for the next higher grade (e.g. one year at the GS-07 grade level for consideration at the GS-09 grade level.)
For the GS-09 level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level that demonstrates experience in:
- Contributing to evaluation reports of large-scale programs.
- Drafting sections of reports.
- Collecting and analyzing performance data.
- Assisting with the development of performance metrics for evaluating and monitoring program effectiveness.
For the GS-11 level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level that demonstrates experience in:
- Contributing to evaluations of large-scale programs.
- Developing reports evaluating program effectiveness and performance for inclusion in broader studies.
- Collecting and analyzing performance data from internal and external sources.
- Developing performance metrics.
- Drafting reports for review by senior analysts.
For the GS-12 level: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level that demonstrates experience in:
- Conducting evaluations of large-scale programs.
- Drafting final reports for review by program leadership.
- Presenting findings and recommendations to senior agency executives.
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Developing performance reports, assessment plans, and performance metrics to measure program effectiveness.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For the GS-9 and GS-11 grades, applicants may substitute education for the required experience. Education cannot be substituted for experience at the GS-12 grade.
GS-9: To qualify based on education for this grade level you must have successful completion of a master’s or equivalent graduate degree, successfully completed two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, LL.B or J.D. if related. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of this. NOTE: Copies of transcripts must be submitted with your application materials. Education cannot be credited without documentation OR,
- Combination: Applicants may also combine education and experience to qualify at this level. You must have an combination of specialized experience and education beyond (beyond the first year) and specialized experience, as described above, to meet the total requirements. The education portion must include graduate courses that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do to the work of this position. NOTE: Copies of transcripts must be submitted with your application materials. Education cannot be credited without documentation.
GS-11: You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows:
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or
- 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or
- LL.M., if related
GS-12: Education cannot be substituted for experience at the GS-12 grade.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on how well you meet the qualifications listed in this vacancy announcement. Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your application materials (e.g., resume, supporting documents), the responses you provide on the application questionnaire, and the result of the online assessments required for this position. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics):
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Stress Tolerance
To be considered for this position, you must complete all required steps in the process. In addition to the application and application questionnaire, this position requires an online assessment. The online assessment measures critical general competencies required to perform the job.
The assessment includes a cut score based on the minimum level of required proficiency in these critical general competencies. You must meet or exceed the cut score to be considered. You will not be considered for the position if you score below the cut score or fail to complete the assessment.
Overstating your qualifications and/or experience in your application materials or application questionnaire may result in your removal from consideration. Cheating on the online assessment may also result in your removal from consideration.
Your application, including the online Assessment Questionnaire, will be reviewed to determine if you meet (a) minimum qualification requirements and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your resume must clearly support your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position. Applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements and are determined to be among the best qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration. Non-Competitive candidates and applicants under some special hiring authorities need to meet minimum qualifications to be referred.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
How to Apply
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin an application. To apply for this position, you must complete the initial online application, to include the initial online assessment and submission of the required documentation specified in the Required Documents section above. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 03/29/2022 to receive consideration.
The application process in USAJobs is as follows:
2. Answer the questions presented in the application and attach all necessary supporting documentation.
3. Click the Submit Application button prior to 11:59 PM (ET) on the announcement closing date.
4. After submitting an online application, you will be notified whether or not you are required to take additional online assessments through the USA Hire Competency Based Assessment system. This message will be delivered to you via email notification. The email may be routed to your “Spam” or “Junk” folder.
Note: Set aside at least 3 hours to take these assessments; however, most applicants complete the assessments in less time. If you need to stop the assessments and continue at a later time, you can re–use the URL sent to you via email and also found in your USAJOBS account under the “Track my application” link for the corresponding application.
NOTE: It is an applicant’s responsibility to submit updated information. You can update your application or documents anytime while the announcement is open. Simply log into your USAJOBS account and click on “Application Status.” Click on the position title, and then select “Update Application” to continue. If you do not have access to the Internet, you are strongly encouraged to visit your library, state employment office, or another establishment that provides internet service to complete the online application and the assessment questionnaire. If this is not an option, refer to the Alternative Methods for Applying section below for specific instructions.
Based on your application and your responses to the application questionnaire, you may be presented with instructions on how to access the USA Hire system to complete the online assessments. The online assessments must be completed within 48 hours following the close of this announcement. You will have the opportunity to request a testing accommodation for the assessment should you have a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Your assessment results will be kept on record for 1 year and used toward future positions for which you might apply that require the same assessments.
To be considered for the position, you must meet all qualifications, including meeting or exceeding the cut score on the required assessments
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.