The Program Analyst conducts analyses and evaluations of FMCSA programs and initiatives covering a wide range of FMCSA programs and initiatives including motor carrier safety performance management data, investigations, reviews, enforcement actions, and crash safety reduction strategies.
As a Program Analyst, you will:
- Conduct in-depth quality, efficiency, and productivity analysis of investigations, creating ad hoc/special reports of findings for Division Management in order to gauge the program’s deficiencies and effectiveness.
- Compile data required for statistical/research/strategic reports on a monthly, quarterly, annual, and/or on-request basis for evaluating the varied levels of program operations within the Division.
- Coordinate and provide analytical support on problem definitions, planning methodologies, policies, and procedures to improve business processes and marketing of the Division Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA) program. Assists in evaluating the content of new or modified legislation and regulations for projected impact upon the Division CSA programs.
- Prepare comments on these issuances, and identifies the need for revision to policies, issuances, and directives for consistency with new requirements. Plans and develops briefing, presentation, and conference materials for supervisors and executive management; works to ensure the information provided is accurate and concise.
- Compile, maintain, and analyze data for tactical plans within the Division to support the execution of national and/or strategic strike force goals.
The ideal candidate will be an entry to mid-career level professional with extensive experience using software and formulas to mine data, performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis and evaluation, and subsequently reporting on his/her analyses.