IPG Photonics is the leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance fiber lasers and amplifiers for diverse applications in numerous markets and we are hiring a Production Technician!
The Production Technician will assemble, test, and repair precision electromechanical, mechanical, and optical parts, assemblies, and Systems for laser processing workstations using hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, and test equipment. Read blueprints, schematics, and technical orders to determine methods and sequence of assembly operations. Meet production schedule, quality, delivery, and safety objectives for System assembly and integration.
- Assemble, align, test, components into custom-designed laser Systems, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, and templates.
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to blueprint specifications and customer specifications using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
- Solder and wire electrical and electronic components in specified location on assembly.
- Repair, rework, and calibrate assemblies to meet operational tolerances.
- Produce/assemble Systems that meet established quality goals.
- Plan and establish assembly sequences to meet production and Project goals. When missing these goals, work with Manufacturing Supervisor and Project Manager to develop and implement corrective action plans.
- Support a safe and clean work environment by adhering to and enforcing safety programs, policies, and regulations.
- Perform continuous improvement activities aimed at improving safety, efficiency, quality, and cost.
- AA Degree in Electronics or Laser Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years, electronics technical experience with additional Mechanical ability and knowledge preferred
- Proven ability to investigate, analyze, resolve and follow through on problems.
- Working knowledge of materials, tooling, machine tools, and manufacturing processes
- Self–motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to adhere to ethical principles that reflect the highest standards of organizational and individual behavior and comply with all laws and regulations.ust be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22C.F.R. §120.15 are required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee.