As our Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising a subunit of the workforce and related activities associated with assembly production & machining operations. A key responsibility is to improve quality, ensure on-time delivery, and develop assembler and machinist capabilities. In addition, this role will have responsibility for analyzing business methods and delivering recommendations on how to maintain staff levels while meeting all quality standards set by the company and government regulations. You will work side-by-side with management to discover inefficiencies in business processes and then determine the best ways to bring our business methods in line with our financial goals.
Winchester’s values are Accountability, Collaboration, and Empowerment (ACE). These values guide how we lead and how we work at Winchester and allow us to do all that we do for our employees and customers!
What will you be Accountable for?
- Profitable Organic Growth through improved systems and processes, and facilitation of first time builds
- Operational Excellence – Meet customer delivery and quality commitments and be responsive to customer needs
- Culture and Talent Development – Champion the Winchester culture and set clear goals and expectations for personnel
- Ensuring a safe environment for all of assembly
How will you Collaborate?
You will collaborate across Winchester and the Peabody facility in a way that leads by example, exhibits empathy, exudes positivity, ensures task ownership, uses data to make decisions, and puts the customer first.
What are you Empowered to do?
- Utilize business unit resources to meet customer delivery and quality commitments through identifying key issues and implementing change
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and customer centricity
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Identify, and implement initiatives to improve first pass yield and new product introductions
- Identify resources and capex investments to support growth and improve throughput
- Champion the Winchester culture
Criteria for Success:
- Relevant Assembly or Machine Shop experience
- Proven history in improving quality
- High school diploma, BS in engineering a plus
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior supervisory or group lead experience
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess solid organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated leadership, continuous improvement, six sigma, and lean manufacturing skills
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated technical ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, lead improvement initiatives and interface with customer’s technical resources
Communication Systems We Use:
- Google Workspace
- Infor Visual Manufacturing (VISUAL)
Why choose Winchester Interconnect?
At Winchester, we dream big, get stuff done, and like to have fun!
Winchester Interconnect™is a leading global provider of interconnect solutions that help fuel the ever-changing electronics industry. Throughout our 75 year history, Winchester’s business strategy, technical capabilities, passion for quality, and service have supported our customers’ innovation.
As Winchester continues to expand, it is placing increased emphasis on its people, products, operations, supply chain, and key relationships while encouraging a transparent environment that fosters innovation.
Accountability, Collaboration, and Empowerment are the fundamentals of the Winchester Interconnect Leadership Strategy. These values are part of our every day at Winchester Interconnect, and this is how we are able to do all that we do for our employees and customers.
We believe in empowering our workforce to think outside the box and make decisions that move our business forward. We hold ourselves and others accountable for following through on what we say we are going to do. We collaborate between departments, teams, business units, and customers to share best practices and become the best interconnect company in the world.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In addition to federal law requirements, Winchester Interconnect complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Winchester Interconnect expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
***Candidates Only-No Third-Parties***