If you are looking to have an impact on the world while building your career, look no further, as we have an opportunity for you to join our team in our Wamego, KS facility as a Production Supervisor (internally known as a Section Manager). In this role, you will lead the planning and strategy development for the large weld area while you lead your team with a focus on meeting Caterpillar’s People (Safety), Quality, Velocity and Cost goals.
Among other things, as the Section Manager, you can expect to:
- Monitor and improve safety on the shop floor; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean product environment.
- Support, train and develop staff, perform time keeping, estimate personnel needs, assign work, meet completion dates, and ensure consistent application of organizational needs.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency. Work to improve processes, timeliness and reduce costs by eliminating non-value-added activities.
- Determine processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements.
- Collaborate with production management to designate work load, priorities and sequence for work assigned.
- Evaluate overtime need, establish priorities when resources are insufficient, and evaluate when disciplinary action is necessary.
- Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, CQMS (Caterpillar Quality Management System) / ISO certification, etc.
To be successful in this role, you must bring (Basic Qualifications):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; in lieu of degree, a High School diploma or GED with equivalent experience will be considered.
- At least one year of experience in a manufacturing or similar (including military) environment including multiple years of demonstrated people leadership
Top candidates will also have:
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong communication skills
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
ISE assignment is not available for this position.
How We Support You (Employee Benefits)
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a yearly bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).