Fiserv is looking for bright, motivated engineers who are interested in starting a career with a Fortune 500 company (ranked 205 in 2021). You should expect opportunities for growth as you navigate through mentorship, visibility within senior level staff (Operations, Supply Chain, Production Technology and Data Analytics) and development of your personal working knowledge of our business. We are a well-established company with over forty-four-thousand employees throughout the continental US and across the Globe. As a Fiserv Production Supervisor, we will train you on how to manage/operate a fleet of commercially rated equipment in a production environment, as well as, how to manage workflow and staffing to achieve daily production targets.
Additionally, you will carry out various tasks by coordinating associates to meet/exceed the projected production deadlines and apply your Industrial Engineering approaches to foster continuous improvement for our company and our clients.
In this role, you can expect the following:
- Build associate teams to meet company goals concerning productivity, safety, quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain a visible presence on the production floor to optimize workflow, manage staff and ensure optimal equipment utilization.
- Supervise a team of approximately 20-40 associates, provide coaching, motivation, and counseling to associates to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development.
- Review operator and machine productivity against baseline standards and develop action plans to meet/exceed current performance.
- Support and ensure Fiserv values, policies and procedures are consistently practiced.
- Coordinates with the team to meet projected schedules and resolves day-to-day conflicts in a professional and timely manner.
- Develop employees within areas of responsibility to work as a team to accomplish established goals.
- Provide daily summarized reporting to the department manager, (both verbally and written) regarding the completion status of assignments for your shift.
- Staffing – Responsible for shift headcount, schedule, expenses, timecard approval, disciplinary write-ups and/or encouragement/praise as-needed.
- Active participation in business planning with management, to ensure objectives can be met consistently.
Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five-S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma (preferred)
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment.
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem solver that can research and analyze to resolve a comparable solution to drive increased productivity.
- Strong process/mechanical aptitude and time management capabilities.
- Applied experience with (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility, provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Flexibility to work additional hours and weekends during peak periods, such as: (Month-end, Quarter-end and Year-end)
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing for long periods of time (8+ hours/day), sitting, stooping, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and close and distance vision.
- Must be able to frequently lift, push, and pull objects that are 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle objects and to perform keyboarding as well as to reach and grab objects.
- Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers mission-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer dedication and generating incremental revenue.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
- Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Role may be performed remotely in the United States; not eligible in Colorado.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.