The Production Scheduler position is responsible for planning and scheduling products and materials through various production phases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position requires the customary and regular exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the performance of the following essential duties:
· Develop and maintain master production schedules.
· Work to optimize scheduling to achieve efficiency and order goals.
· Assist plant manager and department heads with plant projects.
· Develops daily production schedule that meets delivery and inventory objectives.
· Communicates with management regarding any deviation to the agreed upon daily schedule.
· Reviews daily production progress to verify deadlines and ensure all schedules are being completed on time. Inform sales, customer service as to current or potential conflicts.
· Monitors inventory levels in warehouse to ensure necessary product is available as required.
· Preparation of production scheduling forecasts as required to support steel needs for the S&OP.
· Facilitate scheduling optimization by recommending improvements to production planning, material flow, etc.
· Proactively create daily work orders, production schedules and set press priorities.
· Manage BOM accuracy and BOM change request process at Shelbyville.
· Daily communication and collaboration with the Human Resources, Production, Maintenance, Sales/Customer Service and Procurement departments with regards to labor, changes in demand, order prioritization, status of equipment, preventative maintenance schedules, and other pertinent information.
· Communicate as needed with Customer Service and Sales regarding current and future orders, ship date adjustments, expedites, and other pertinent information.
· Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities.
· Ability to lead cross-functionally.
· Good communication and team building skills.
· Ability to work in fast paced production environment.
· Manages planning performance by addressing day-to-day issues such as rejections and quality issues.
· Capacity planning and effective utilization of resources using lean manufacturing techniques.
· Supervise cycle counting and physical inventory processes in order to maintain accurate inventory accounting.
· Provide guidance and leadership in changing and developing a continuous improvement culture and mindset.
· Supports internal customers by providing information on planning processes, products, and planning attributes.
· Partners with customer service to obtain understanding of customer expectations for accuracy, quality, and timeliness; develops and implements methods to meet or exceed expectations.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree in business or operations management from a four-year college or university plus three to five years manufacturing scheduling experience in a high paced environment.
Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing experience, Green Belt or APICS Certified strongly desired.