View job on Handshake
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Material Planner Buyer is responsible for supporting manufacturing by procuring raw materials, components, equipment, tooling, and services in a timely manner to meet performance objectives in maintaining customer service, quality, cost, and targeted inventory levels. Determines material requirements from production schedules and/or engineering to plan, schedules, and monitors the supply of assigned materials commodities to support production.
- Timely review of MRP and execution of purchase orders, supplier confirmations, and delivery schedules for materials in assigned commodities to support production.
- Tracks and monitors open purchase orders, supplier confirmations, delivery schedules, and invoices for supplier compliance with quality, quantities, cost, and schedule adherence.
- Generates cost savings through the continuous improvement process and engineering support.
- Reviews and plans material requirements for targeted inventory levels and minimizing EE&O.
- Routinely reviews and dispositions EE&O inventories.
- Negotiates supplier pricing within assigned commodities to drive favorable PPV.
- Complies with all GMP, regulatory and ISO guidelines including company policies and departmental procedures.
- Coordinates as needed with any department for resolution material issues (quality, delivery), or implementation of changes to the supplier base. Informs Commodity Manager / Global procurement of critical supplier performance problems.
- Other dutiesasrequired.
- BS in Supply Chain, Finance, or Business Administration REQUIRED
- Minimum 5years’purchasingexperience
- Experience in electronics, photonics, or lasers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Action oriented with continuous improvement focus.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong SAP with detailed knowledge of MRP.
- Strong EXCEL, pivot tables, vlookup, macros.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain or MBA
- CPIM or CSCP