Great Valley Seed Co. is a native seed producer focused on developing and distributing native material throughout California. We are a relatively new company with a very strong growth trajectory. For the right candidate, we are offering the opportunity to grow with us in an exciting, dynamic environment with lots of upside.
Great Valley Seed Co. has an immediate opening for a Production Manager based out of our Los Banos, California facility. We are seeking a motivated, self-starter with the right mix of experience who will be interested in growing with the position.
The focus of this position will be to provide direct support to our production team. This position will report directly to the general manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
● Quality control throughout the entire production cycle
● Weekly field scouting
● Coordinating irrigation schedules
● Weed management
● Weekly crop reports
● Coordinate native harvest
● Manage production labor relative to seasonal demand
● Oversee general housekeeping and sanitation protocol
● Manage inventory systems
● Support seed cleaning department
● Data management
● Manage, coach, train and develop staff.
● Ensures that Safety and Food Safety are always in compliance
Position Skills Requirements:
● High attention to detail
● Strong organizational and communication skills required
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Ability to work outdoors as well as indoors
● Proficient in Google cloud platform or compatible systems
● Requires valid CA license to drive company vehicles
● Ability to operate farm machinery
● Flexibility in work schedule to meet seasonal demands
● Ability to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays as required by operational needs
● Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) mandatory
● Basic knowledge of agricultural industry
● Greenhouse experience a plus
● Basic understanding of pest control applications