View job on Handshake
We are seeking to hire a Production Lab Scientist in our South San Francisco lab for Myriad Women’s Health. The Production Laboratory Scientist is responsible for assisting licensed testing personnel and for the general maintenance at a highly automated, high-complexity testing laboratory. The individual in this role will assist with equipment maintenance, inventory management, and identifying and reporting nonconformance within the laboratory. This individual will ensure efficient workflow within the laboratory and will work under the supervision of clinical laboratory scientists (CLSs) and general supervisors.
We are hiring for the below shifts (includes overtime and weekend shift differentials):
A1: Sunday- Wednesday 7:00am-5:30pm PST
A2: Sunday- Wednesday 11:00am-9:30pm PST
B1: Wednesday-Saturday7:00am-5:30pm PST
B2: Wednesday-Saturday 11:00am-9:30pm PST
The production laboratory scientist is responsible for the following duties.
– Assisting licensed testing personnel (other than trainees)
– Assisting in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting
– Assisting in the performance of quality control procedures
– Labeling barcodes on sample tubes
– Preparing and storing reagents as instructed
– Organizing and cleaning lab space and equipment
– Setting up and shutting down equipment
– Completing other tasks as assigned by the general supervisor or their designee
– Stocking reagents and consumables
– Refilling water and discarding non-hazardous waste
– Receiving deliveries
– Reordering inventory
– Performing inventory audits
– Receiving samples
– Archiving samples to storage
– Retrieving samples from storage
– Sending out samples for testing
– Documenting non-standard process events and issues in the appropriate Jira board
– Notifying a CLS or supervisor of such events as soon as possible
– Completing Jira documentation punctually
For lab-specific responsibilities details, refer to CLP-00020 Lab-Specific Job Role Specifications.
• A BS or BA degree in a chemical, physical, biological, clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution (required)
• Experience with laboratory operations and procedures (preferred)
• The ability to work diligently with minimal supervision
• Basic computer proficiency
• A good attendance record
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company’s website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.
About the Team
Myriad Women’s Health, Inc., a premier genetic screening and personalized medicine testing company. Our genetic screens and tests provide actionable information, empowering women and their families to make critical and timely healthcare decisions, whether they’re thinking about starting a family or evaluating risk for hereditary cancer. We strive to put patients first, clinicians in control and costs in their place. We seek to transform the execution of complex genetic testing and screening through our three high-value products that include end-to-end workflow features making for seamless delivery of Myriad Women’s Health’s products to patients.