As the Production Engineer you will provide on-shift operational support of the Albumin and Fractionation departments in Covington, GA. You will focus on resolving manufacturing problems to allow manufacturing to meet production goals. As a member of the operations team reporting to the Manager, Production Engineering, you will be a valuable resource by providing technical knowledge and leadership.
One position is full time night shift 6pm to 6 am, 4 days a week and two positions are full time day shift 6am to 6pm, 4 days a week.
Troubleshoot and provide resolution to technical issues to support ramp-up and steady-state operations of two highly-automated pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
Scope of support will include:
- Plasma Fractionation and Albumin Purification processes
- Process equipment (vessels, centrifuges, filter presses, UF/DF, robotics, COP
- washers, CIP skids)
- Distributed Control System (DeltaV) and Process Logic Controllers
- Manufacturing Execution System (Siemens Simatic IT)
- Automation hardware
- In Process Testing lab (pH, conductivity, titration)
- Safety and quality investigations
Continuously improve manufacturing operations by:
- Reduce manufacturing events, user interventions, and batch record alerts
- Identify opportunities to reduce cycle time, error proof operations, and eliminate waste
- Performing operational assessments to ensure processes, procedures, tools, and training are in place
- Investigate and resolve issues assigned from the departmental issues log
- Support Process Unit Team projects and Continuous Improvement efforts
- Support information sharing and learning between team members by:
- Lead Knowledge Transfer training with manufacturing staff
- Coach manufacturing staff while partnering with them to resolve technical issues
- Develop troubleshooting guides for common problems
- Share process knowledge with colleagues across shift
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles in multiple engineering disciplines
- Discuss normally encountered technical issues, both verbally and in written form
- Work as a collaborative team member
- Knowledge of initial training in concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma quality techniques
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.