View job on Handshake
The Engineer will have a B.S. in a technical discipline (Electronics, Mechanical, Physics, Chemistry, etc.) or equivalent experience.
· Must demonstrate ability to interface technically with customers and co-workers.
· Must demonstrate proficiency in reading and writing in English.
· Must demonstrate competence in composing written technical communication to customers.
· Must be able to accurately assess customer technical requirements and to organize and design a complete response to the customer need.
· Must demonstrate computer literacy.
· Must demonstrate working knowledge of software commonly used in the area.
· Must work effectively and efficiently with no supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work Assignments. Work assignments will be directed by the Engineering Manager.
Applications Support. This position will be required to assist VMI Sales by frequent involvement with customers. The Engineer will be required to communicate with customers to determine an accurate, cost-effective, reliable solution to the customer needs.
Customer Interface. This position requires frequent communication with VMI customers. The Engineer will participate in customer visits at VMI and at the customer’s facilities as required. The Engineer is expected to communicate in a clear, consistent, respectful manner by phone, fax, email, or other means.
Process Design. This position will be assigned process design tasks which includes analysis of existing processes, research of new processes and equipment, creation of documentation that instructs manufacturing personnel, and continual improvement of the manufacturing process. This position will also train Supervisory and Production personnel in this area. Accuracy is critical and attention to detail is vital.
Problem Solving. This position will be required to analyze products and/or processes to accurately assess problems, and determine reasonable solutions to the problem.
Other. The VMI Engineering organization is a team that shares many duties. This position will be required to perform many miscellaneous functions on a day-to-day basis including:
1. Production Support functions.
2. Sales Support functions, including training sessions.
3. All other functions that may be required by the department manager.