Who we are
About the position
BookBub seeks a detail-oriented, organized, tech savvy individual to help manage the day-to-day production and operations of our website and daily emails, working closely with BookBub’s editorial, business development, and product teams.
- Assembling, proofing, and editing the daily content of BookBub’s emails and website
- Maintaining and updating metadata for BookBub’s database of books and authors
- Ensuring books and authors meet BookBub policies for inclusion in products such as new release author alert emails
- Moderating third-party ads from BookBub’s author and publisher partners
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Outstanding professional communication and office skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong proofreading skills; copyediting experience and familiarity with AP or Chicago style a plus
- Experience using a content management system, blogging platform, or database software; familiarity with HTML a plus
- Web production experience a plus
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment where work can be required at off-hours (occasional weekends and holidays, always scheduled in advance)
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Remote work flexibility
Our team has where-you-work flexibility that allows you to choose a predominantly remote, in-office, or hybrid setup within Massachusetts, where our office is located, and certain other states. We’ll help each team member figure out the work set up that’s best for them, including WFH equipment or a dedicated desk space in our office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our in-person work options will remain contingent on local safety guidelines and recommendations.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.