Thompson Pipe Group is currently hiring for a Production Control Engineer.
She/He is responsible for designing production layouts and processes with the purpose of increasing productivity, eliminating wastefulness, reducing costs, and ensuring quality standards are maintained. This position will monitor current operations and determine more efficient production processes; design systems that maximize productivity, reduce wastefulness and production issues, are cost-efficient and ensure high product quality.
- Analyzing operations, designing workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final products meet the established quality standards.
- Reviewing production schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Designing production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Developing and implementing process improvements and technological upgrades.
- Designing control systems to minimize costs and production issues.
- Developing design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Preparing material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses, and estimated production costs.
- Designing the layout of facilities and determining personnel requirements.
- Training staff for new processes and providing instructions and manuals.
- Managing process documentation and preparing production reports.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects/activities/tasks.
- Prioritize requirements and create conceptual deliverables.
- Master strategic business process modeling, traceability, and quality management techniques
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to meet the business needs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field required.
- Continue to pursue additional job-related specialized training through professional education programs.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working as an engineer in the construction/industrial manufacturing industry or relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving.
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent documentation, organization, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, and scheduling software.
- Advanced computer skills are relevant to data management.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills; ability to communicate complex ideas or translate data into understandable messaging.
- Understanding of system concepts, scheduling techniques, and methods.
- Advance ability to conduct multi-dimensional analysis – statical and logical functions, data validation, and estimates.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, facts, and figures to draw conclusions for business case development.
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data collection and analysis.
- Project Management.
Hours: 10-12 per day, Monday- Friday
What We Offer
- Top-tier Medical, Vision and Dental, Life Benefits
- Life & Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K retirement plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fun Events
- Employee Discounts
- Training and Development
- Career Opportunity!
Apply Now! Lots of opportunities are available.
Thompson Pipe Group is accepting in-person and online applications
We are located at 3009 N Laurel Avenue Rialto, CA 92377
Question about the Position? You can contact us at 909-434-1888.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
An Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer that welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or another legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Job Type: Full-time