View job on Handshake
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate associate to join our powertrain team and help build flight-critical components for our VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. Come help us build advanced electrical powertrains as we try to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Assembly in manufacturing lines.
- Able to follow instruction and critical thinker within a production environment.
- Assemble hardware for use on test stands and aircraft components while maintaining associated documentation. This will involve mechanical assembly of parts and sub-systems, etc.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain high standards of work.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team oriented attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability.
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Previous experience in manufacturing or line associate.
- Experience with industrial environments and procedures.
- Experience working on high voltage systems and/or complex electromechanical systems.
- Experience writing and following work instructions.
- Proficiency with machining, welding, and overall mechanical craftsmanship a plus.
- Experience in basic wiring and diagnostics.
- Experience with mechanical component assembly and systems integration of mechanical systems.