At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Title: Product Manager – Real Estate
Department: Corporate and Product Strategy
Location: Charlotte, NC
Barings is a leading global financial services firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients and customers. Through active asset management and direct origination, we provide innovative solutions and access to differentiated opportunities across public and private capital markets. A subsidiary of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with business and investment professionals located across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Barings Real Estate (BRE) is a global brand with extensive capabilities across both equity and debt strategies. As of March 31, 2022, BRE manages nearly $50 billion across investment and advisory accounts. BRE has investments in and investors across the world and is supported by 204 dedicated real estate investment professionals across 16 regional offices across the globe.
The Product Management – Real Estate role responsible for defining, implement and maintaining investment products, through the entire lifecycle, that Barings is delivering to current and potential clients including coordinating all product launches, closures and changes. The incumbent will serve as the primary Real Estate investment team representative for product related activities to all internal business partners including Client Portfolio Managers, Legal, and Client Service and On boarding. The individual will be relied on for technical knowledge related to products as well as functional knowledge of the specific asset class.
Key areas of focus include:
Product Launch / Closure
- Project management of all product launches / closures with all stakeholders and internal partners across Barings
- Shepard all product launches through Barings governance process, post the decision to launch
- Ensure the consistent application of Fund mechanics (queues, liquidity, gates, swing pricing), where possible and appropriate
- Review investment and economic terms within Fund documentation (queues, share classes, benchmarks, fees etc.)
- Serve as the primary investment team rep to internal business partners related to product level changes (benchmarks / fees / guidelines / PM)
- Serving as the primary investment team representative for all existing product activity (eg. guideline changes, subs/reds, seed capital requests and registrations)
- Coordinate and resolve investment related data issues
- Reviewing changes to investment and economic terms within product documentation (queues, share classes, benchmarks fees, etc.)
- Responsible for communicating the product and client pipeline to other parts of Barings (through formal Pipeline call and ad-hoc communication)
- Research and socialization of product trends, with a specific focus on pricing and mechanics (eg. queues, liquidity, gates, swing pricing, share classes and fees)
- Ensure internal product database is correct for the relevant data fields
- Recommended minimum 3 years of relevant real estate related experience in a global, large scale asset manager or financial services firm
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to develop credibility and build relationships with all internal stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrate exceptional project management, coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to think critically and find solutions to complex, multi-faced matters
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.