Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003, we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students, including nearly all the members of the US International Math Olympiad team, through our online school, learning centers, textbooks, and online learning systems. Over the years, our international online community of advanced problem solvers has grown to over 700,000 members. While our primary focus has been math for most of our history, we have started expanding into new subjects, such as language arts, science, and computer science.
- Proactively conduct exploratory and confirmatory data analysis to discover insights about Beast Academy Online and make recommendations that will improve the experience of tens of thousands of students
- Collaborate with the Beast Academy Product team to develop key metrics of product success from an educational and business perspective
- Work with the Beast Academy Product team to design experiments to evaluate the impact of new product features and curriculum content improvements
- Envision and run product experiments to constantly iterate on the student experience
- Help us create a data-driven culture by building dashboards, sharing clear, concise stories of data discoveries, and partnering with teams across the company
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to design data-collection infrastructure and improve data quality
You might be a good fit for this position if…
- You have strong statistical fundamentals.
- You’re always iterating – designing, running, and reporting on experiments is a cycle you’ve been through countless times.
- You’re excited to dive into large data-sets with SQL or a scripting language.
- You can scope your data insights for different audiences – creating visualizations and telling stories to the less data-savvy or explaining your methodology to a technical colleague.
- You’ve developed metrics and watched their impact on strategy.
- You’re passionate about educating the next generation of problem solvers.
- At least 2 years of experience in a quantitative analysis role or equivalent
- Strong proficiency in SQL and standard data visualization tools
- Proficiency in R, Python, or another scripting language
- Experience working with large data sets, designing and evaluating experiments, and defining business metrics
- Excellent communication, organization, and project leadership skills
- Experience applying machine learning techniques to solve problems is a plus
Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Perks and Benefits:
This full-time position will be based at our headquarters in San Diego, CA. However, we are primarily working remotely until it is safe to go back to the office. Some benefits of the position include:
- Casual work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K plan with company match
- Year-end bonus based on individual and company performance
- Relocation bonus (if currently located outside of San Diego)
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you must be legally authorized to work in the US.