The Procurement and Supply Chain Intern will assist with the sourcing and procurement of raw materials across all areas of Exact Sciences business including but not limited to Research, Development, Operations and Services. This position would also support management and tracking of collection kits and transportations boxes produced at our external manufacturing partners. Other areas of focus include supply recommendations from approved suppliers list, supporting departments in determination of the most suitable product or service to meet their needs, and following documented purchasing methods to meet quality and financial requirements. The Intern will also support RFP, Training and supplier business reviews during their assignment. The Intern will also be responsible for maintaining delivery dates, communicating changes of delivery schedules to end users, expediting orders, and resolving discrepancies in orders and deliveries. The position is intended to be a full-time summer opportunity for a Business, IT, Supply Chain or Life Sciences undergraduate to obtain hands-on experience.
- Purchase order management through managing the entire purchase order process including appropriate documentation, data entry, submission, order expediting, and reconciliation of related issues.
- Support of implementation of improvements of Exacts ERP Inclusive of user training and support.
- Maintaining ERP item master purchasing and planning attributes for buy
- Routing supplier material change notifications for review and assessment by expanded cross functional teams and coordinating actions and follow up as a result of the review.
- Identifying and communicating changes in schedules and delivery with applicable teams and end users to achieve resolution.
- Collaborate with kit manufactures and cross functional internal teams including Quality, Engineering and Marketing when opportunities arise and technical support and follow up is required.
- Following documented procedures and completing training on time.
- Assist with the review of contracts such as statements of work, supply, or quality agreements.
- Monitor safety stock levels at with external partners to ensure that Exact is not put at risk due to insufficient stock.
- Development of request for proposal (RFP) with cross functional teams. Manage distribution through award of proposed projects. Support analysis of responses.
- Provide technical information to suppliers to support investigations
- Drive follow up with suppliers to meet aggressive timelines
- Preparing reports, metrics, and data summaries as requested.
- Assisting other department personnel in determining the most suitable product or service to meet their needs in accordance with documented processes and approved suppliers.
- Check requisitions for completeness and clarity, obtain any missing information if needed to support clear Purchase order generation.