View job on Handshake
Atlanta, GA, US, 30338
Cement Division Corporate
Job ID: 395799
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
To provide the Ash Grove cement plants with accurate and timely information needed to effectively source and procure goods and services. The information will be obtained through data management and analysis and will be used to assist in the evaluation of new and existing procurement programs, track spend and benefits associated with sourcing efforts, measure appropriate cost and market trends, and support cost forecasts as needed. This is a key role in ensuring that the electronic procurement systems and tools are effectively managed, utilized, and maintained. Uses independent judgment in performing duties. Works from general policies and objectives. Refers to supervisor when clarification or interpretation of the organizational policy is needed.
- Improve the quality and availability of procurement data for the businesses, including leading efforts to design, implement and maintain an effective spend analysis system. Work closely with finance, procurement and other groups to maintain consistency in cost information and ensure proper training and access is provided as appropriate. Work with IT to manage the spend category hierarchy and other data interactions between the various information systems.
- Maintain and improve the procurement system and process used to track spending activity, current projects and savings associated with individual sourcing programs. This responsibility includes working with Sourcing teams and third party providers to incorporate an ability to track market trends, forecast costs and plan / prioritize sourcing projects accordingly.
- Support the assessment of new sourcing opportunities by evaluating new products or services, reducing the supplier base, or optimizing existing purchasing practices
- Ensure all procurement data is entered into a third-party system and available for spend analysis.
- Prepare and distribute monthly KPI, project, compliance, and progress reports.
- Assist in efforts to develop and manage the Company’s Supplier Qualification and Performance Management capabilities/systems. Support the Procurement and Accounts Payable teams to improve the vendor maintenance system as needed. Maintain supplier scorecards, establish supplier benchmarks, and publish routine supplier evaluations/metrics.
- Work closely with procurement personnel to run E-sourcing events.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in sourcing, supply chain, finance, or related field or the equivalent in relevant experience.
- 3+ years of business, analytical or related experience preferred.
- Experience working with databases, data warehouse applications and/or ERP systems. Experience specifically with electronic procurement systems and tools beneficial
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Analytical and detail-oriented with good problem-solving skills
- Effective communications skills, including the ability to persuasively present information both in writing and verbally
- Basic knowledge of business unit processes, policies and procedures, strategic sourcing, and business metrics
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to translate learning into actionable, measurable initiatives.
- Effective team builder and leader
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and accept ownership
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of systems, databases, and analytical tools/applications.
- Experience with Ariba is a plus.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.