View job on Handshake
Looking for applicants who have received their degree or are pursuing their degree for future leadership opportunities.
About this Job
• Ensures prompt and sterile collection of plasma samples using electric heat sealer and
• Ensures samples and bottles are properly organized in large storage freezer in allotted
timeframe as well as in the donor management computer software.
• Handles tested and untested product as well as plasma with unsuitable test results with
properly utilized personal protective equipment.
• May prepare units and samples for regular daily and weekly shipments per company
policies and strict federal transportation regulations.
• May perform all required quality controls and legibly records the results on the
appropriate logs and into the donor management computer software.
• Complies with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of
product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day
• Reports quality issues and procedural deviations to Quality Assurance and Management.
• Greets and builds rapport with donors and directs them to appropriate areas for further
• Answers the telephone and any donor inquiries regarding the procedure, payment, and
company policies in a prompt, professional manner.
• Maintains donor flow while adhering to standard operating procedures.
• Remains professional at all times in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
• Ensures all donation information is complete, accurate, and legible after donation.
• Follows all OSHA requirements and company personnel policies.
• Remains alert for any adverse donor reactions and notifies appropriate staff.
• Maintains confidentiality with all specific donor issues and record keeping activities.
• Stocks and maintains an orderly work area with sufficient supplies to meet production
• Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily basis and troubleshoots issues as they arise.
• Cleans any blood or plasma spills and performs proper procedure for disposition of
• Monitors freezer and refrigerator temperatures and immediately informs appropriate
personnel if equipment is not functioning properly. Records variance if applicable.
• Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to appropriate SOPs.
• Performs other job related tasks as assigned.