View job on Handshake
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by each of our team members.
Work with the Human Resources Manager to gain valuable knowledge from all areas of the business from processing to logistics functions. Will be responsible for analyzing and recommending improvements to the daily processing, production and supply chain related operations of Pacific Seafood’s Westport location.
· Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote Teamwork at all times.
· Assist Production Manager/Leads with coordinating production lines for orders and improve water, equipment, and staffing utilization.
· Coordinate with production manager to ensure orders are being packed to specification.
· Help the fresh pack line filing orders.
· Team up with the various production teams, where needed, to learn the processes from start to finish.
· Work with the VCQ Manager to gain basic knowledge of internal traceability program.
· Work with Production Manager and administrative team on managing packaging inventory and order processes.
· Prepare project overview and present findings to executive leadership.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
· Pursuit of a Business discipline or related undergraduate/graduate degree.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
· Prior work experience in a related field.
· Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, primarily, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Targeted graduation date of June 2023 or earlier.