View job on Handshake
Seaside Equity Partners, LLC, founded in 2017, is a San Diego based private equity firm focused on investing in lower middle-market business services companies headquartered in the Western U.S. The firm focused on majority control investments in family/founder-owned businesses and partner with management teams to accelerate growth and to transition their businesses to institutional quality.
Seaside closed on its inaugural fund in February 2021 and has completed over 20 transactions to date.
Analyst will be involved in the investment process including working on executing platform and add-on acquisitions, monitoring and managing portfolio companies and sourcing new opportunities. Analysts will work directly alongside other investment professionals and will be involved in due diligence, financial modeling and valuation analysis. The relatively small team size provides a unique opportunity for analysts to interface directly with all internal members of the firm, management teams and external advisors.
Immediate or Summer 2023 start date. Role based in San Diego, CA.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conduct business due diligence and in-depth market research
- Perform business, financial and operational analysis across portfolio companies
- Actively participate with portfolio company management teams on value creation initiatives
- Develop financial models and draft investment memoranda
- Assist in the evaluation and execution of platform and add-on acquisitions
- Support sourcing efforts through thematic thesis development as well as external intermediaries
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree from top undergraduate school (preferably in business, mathematics, finance or economics)
- Strong analytical, financial analysis and valuation skills
- High proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel
- Motivated self-starter with desire to contribute to an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Team player with a high level of maturity, excellent people and project management skills