ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organizations.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
- Leads and Programs statistical analyses (via analysis datasets, tables, figures, listings, etc.) using an appropriate statistical analysis software tool (e.g.. SAS®), and may include tabulation datasets.
- Ensures the accuracy and consistency of data flow from case report forms (CRFs) to specifications for analysis datasets. (May include tabulation datasets.)
- Performs quality review of analysis dataset and TFL programs developed by other programmers and biostatisticians. (May include tabulation datasets.)
- Verifies that tabulation and statistical analysis system programs and associated documentation are archived prior to the creation of final output.
- Develops new processes and ensures all process improvements are implemented.
- Takes a lead role in the review of statistical analyses plans and provides essential feedback.
- Collaborates with other team members to develop quality reports, publications and regulatory submissions.
- Maintains libraries of documented and validated programs, macros, and procedures which can be reused to aid in department efficiency.
- Serves as the chief mentor to other programmers.
- Contributes to departmental initiatives and acts as an SME on technical subjects as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or scientific field required. Master’s preferred.
- Ideally, 10 years of statistical programming experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of analysis data structure standards (ADaM) and a good understanding of conversion data structure standards (SDTM).
- Expertise in computer programming, statistical analysis systems (SAS), and other procedural languages.
- Fully understands biometrics procedures, workflows, and software systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.