BERKELEY, CA /OPERATIONS /FULL-TIME
At Prime Roots, we envision a delicious protein-rich future that is sustainable for environmental and human health. We are looking for a detail-oriented Supply Chain and Operations Associate to join our team and work cross-functionally across our organization to produce world-class products. In this role, you will own and manage our supplier relationships, ingredient sourcing, and intake processes. This position will lead the development and execution of supply strategies to create the best results for the business – ultimately leading to operational excellency.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that proper supplies, ingredients, and raw materials are on-hand for production needs and future forecasts.
- Lead the supplier management program: work with departments to set up specifications with food safety and quality requirements, communicate with the supplier to obtain the required documentation, evaluate and maintain documents and create a supplier scorecard.
- Manage supplier relationships, contracts, and agreements.
- Collaborate with the R&D team to ensure that all suppliers meet the food safety and quality standards for our products.
- Oversee the sourcing and negotiation process for all raw materials.
- Monitor and manage contract compliance, change orders and commitments.
- Ensure trade compliance for our internationally-sourced materials.
- Lead cross-functional supplier selection activities through RFP and RFQ processes .
- Provide compelling category and sourcing insights to the business to contribute to overall strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with the production team to ensure timely delivery of inventory.
- Track and maintain appropriate inventory levels by ensuring ERP numbers are accurate and updated regularly.
- Drive continuous improvement in supply chain infrastructure, efficiency and continuity.
- Assist with production planning
Who you are:
- At minimum you have at least 1-2 years experience in Supply Chain, purchasing, inventory management, or a related role. (3+ years experience preferred!)
- You have an Associate’s Degree or higher in supply chain management, logistics, or a similar field. (Professional certifications and formal training programs a plus)
- Ideally you come from a food production or manufacturing background.
- You have demonstrated experience managing an ERP system. (bonus points if you’ve assisted in implementing an ERP system!)
- You’re no stranger to data and spreadsheets and can organize information in excel like a pro.
- You are adaptable and excited about working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You’re a creative researcher and problem solver – you know how to find the right items at the best prices.
- You’re a stellar written and verbal communicator and feel at ease working with different teams and individuals across an organization
Perks of working with us:
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing startup with an innovative team.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k).
- Food, of course.
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Prime Roots Prime Roots (formerly Terramino Foods) is a venture backed San Francisco Bay Area based food company that is mission and community driven. Prime Roots grows and uses a fungi superprotein to make delicious and ultra-sustainable food products. The work of the Prime Roots team has been featured in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Forbes, Food and Wine, and more.