Applied Research Associates (ARA), Inc. is seeking a qualified Pricing and Cost Estimating Analyst to join the project management team at ARA’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Raleigh, NC location. The selected candidate will assist IMS proposal managers in developing cost estimating models, collecting pricing data, and adhering to internal pricing processes and procedures. Additional duties may include working closely with IMS proposal managers in performing budget analysis, cost projections, man-hour estimates, as well as authoring proposal cost narratives that meet FAR compliance.
This is a permanent full-time position and provides the selected candidate an opportunity to interact with a vibrant team of engineering & science professionals working on exciting new technologies and marketing ARA’s technical excellence. At a minimum, we are seeking candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field with two to four years of experience in government cost estimating and/or proposal pricing from previous work within the DoD or other Federal Department or Agency. In lieu of a degree, 8-10 years of related experience will also be accepted. Candidates must be self-motivated with the ability to work proactively and achieve results without close supervision. Additionally, candidates must be organized individuals with excellent attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the capacity to change priorities quickly and work effectively under deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must, with the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff located both here in Raleigh and at other ARA facilities located around the country.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Candidates meeting some or all of the following requirements will be given extra consideration:
- Candidate selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Basic experience using (not managing) MS SharePoint or similar file-sharing applications
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in FAR/DFAR requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in preparing complex Excel models
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Project, and other MS Office applications
- Demonstrated understanding of program management objectives, project execution, cost estimating techniques, and pricing modeling
If you’re interested, here’s what year one will entail for you while working with our teams of multi-disciplined managers, engineers, and scientists developing new and exciting technologies:
- Work with project managers and/or clients to prepare budgets, spending plans, deliverable schedules, and man-hour estimates
- Assist in the preparation of proposal pricing and lifecycle costs that meet program support requirements
- Conduct research and analysis of the current market and other agency purchases of similar products and services, review historical prices, perform comparative analysis to similar programs, and obtain pricing data to facilitate the development of realistic program costs
- Collect and analyze data to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor required to complete a project and/or procure a product
- Create templates and document processes related to the cost estimating process and serve as the cost estimating subject matter expert for the PMO
- Serve as the subject matter expert in cost estimating by creating and providing cost estimation training to employees within the PMO and create quality assurance measures to ensure cost estimating best practices are being utilized
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.