Newmark is seeking a Prescreen Analyst to join a top tier multifamily investment team in Bethesda, MD. The team structures individual multifamily loans ranging in size from $10MM to over $100MM as well as portfolio loans and credit facilities in excess of $2B.
The candidate will have 0-4 years of experience in in financial analysis. The analyst’s primary responsibilities will be to provide day-to-day financial, market, and underwriting analysis of multifamily loans. This is an excellent opportunity to be thoroughly educated about the loan underwriting process for Agency multifamily mortgages (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac), Bridge Debt, and LifeCo loans. This position affords the opportunity to work closely with our Senior Credit team and Originators on the structuring and underwriting of transactions. This position will also have exposure to clients and Newmark’s west coast Investment Sales teams.
Essential Job Duties:
- Analyze property financial statements and rent rolls and interpret agency, and lender specific guidelines to provide accurate estimates of loan sizes and interest rates
- Conduct detailed economic and demographic research to determine feasibility of transactions
- Prepare and present comprehensive loan approval package to credit committee
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with origination, underwriting, clients, and external agency investors
- Conduct comprehensive inspections of physical real-estate assets on an as-needed basis
Skills, Education and Experience:
- B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Real Estate or other related fields preferred
- 1-3 years of direct Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac underwriting experience with large loans ($10M average loan size)
- Highly developed analytical, research and written/oral presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Excel and Word – there will be an Excel test for all applicants that are phone screened
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive team player, able to work effectively under sometimes stressful conditions
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10-20%
- Direct experience with Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac multifamily is a plus
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.