View job on Handshake
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is passionate about the discovery, development and commercialization of potential new medicines that will impact and improve the lives of patients. Our New Therapeutic Modalities team is an innovation-focused group striving to identify, develop and apply the most cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum benefit to our patients. Our agile and diverse team strives to operate as an autonomous ‘biotech-like’ company within the walls of Lilly.
In our fast-paced, interdisciplinary team we utilize novel RNA/oligonucleotide-based therapeutic modalities to deliver new and improved medicines to patients. We are building state-of-the art expertise in advanced drug delivery platforms for nucleic acid-based modalities, with an emphasis on innovative strategies with potential for breakthrough efficacy. We collaborate with groups across Lilly, in particular the Delivery and Device Connected Solutions group to use computational approaches (e.g. coarse-grained molecular dynamics (CGMD) simulations) to uncover fundamental insights and accelerate our innovations in nanomedicine (e.g., via lipid nanoparticle (LNP)delivery).
We are looking for a creative and energetic problem solver to contribute to a multidisciplinary team at the front edge of innovation. The successful applicant will utilize their technical expertise and work closely with a formulation scientist and study systems directly relevant to the experiments being performed. We encourage problem solvers, fast learners, and teammates. Do you have an aptitude for innovative approaches focused on identifying impactful therapies for the patient? We want you on our team! Join Lilly and learn and grow in your career!
- Design and execute all-atom (AA) and coarse-grained molecular dynamics (CGMD) simulations to understand the assembly, structure, and function of lipid nanoparticle model systems relevant to therapeutic delivery.
- Use AAMD and CGMD to test hypotheses of modified nucleic acid-based therapeutic structure and function.
- Work as a team to analyze results, synthesize reports, and strategize new strategies to accelerate delivery of nucleic-acid-based therapeutics.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally within Lilly
- Present scientific strategy, experimental data, and project updates across the organization.
PhD in computational biochemistry, computational chemistry, biophysics, biomaterials, computer science or related field with hands-on experience in coarse-grained molecular dynamic simulation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment
- Experience using the MARTINI force field, experience with common molecular dynamic software programs (e.g., PackMol, Schrodinger, GROMACS, etc.)
- Experience in lipid bilayer simulation, lipid nanoparticle simulation, nucleic acid, protein, antibody, or other macromolecule simulation or biological barrier simulation.
- Familiarity with high-performance computing and cloud-based services
- Programming expertise in at least one programming language
- This position is office-based. No wet-lab experience or requirements are expected in the role, unless desired by the candidate during the duration of the appointment.
This posting is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of 2 years with a maximum time of 3 years.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.