Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze co-located observations of atmospheric dynamics and spatially-distributed aerosol
- Determine the atmospheric controls on aerosol spatial and temporal dynamics
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Present at national and international meetings
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in aerosol science, atmospheric science, meteorology, engineering, or a closely related field
- Experience with using remotely sensed observations of atmospheric boundary layer aerosol, dynamics, and meteorology
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to develop and pursue independent research ideas
- Ability to work well in a diverse team across cultures and experiences
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with using in-situ observations of newly formed aerosol
- A record of publication in high quality, internationally recognized journals
- BNL policy requires that after obtaining a PhD, eligible candidates for research associate appointments may not exceed a combined total of 5 years of relevant work experience as a post-doc and/or in an R&D position, excluding time associated with family planning, military service, illness, or other life-changing events.
- Review of applications begins immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- The initial term appointment will be one year, subject to renewal contingent on funding and performance.
- Research will be under the direction of Dr. Chongai Kuang.