The Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for assisting Portfolio Managers with investment activities to enhance performance and achieve consistent client returns for Post Advisory Group. The position has day-to-day responsibilities to ensure information and trade allocations are recorded accurately. This position is on the Investment Team and works closely with the Portfolio Managers, Traders, Compliance, Operations, and Client Services teams.
1) Assist portfolio managers in handling investment activities by independently conducting analysis, performing risk assessment and making recommendations that are in accordance with established investment policy guidelines.
2) Assist portfolio managers in allocating trades.
3) Ensure account guideline compliance.
4) Work with a broad set of teams to ensure portfolios operate smoothly and within guidelines.
5) Perform ad-hoc reporting or special projects as required.
6) Provide accurate and timely support, analysis and data for client presentations.
7) Become knowledgeable & proficient in several data and investment systems including Bloomberg, Charles River and Aladdin.
– Bachelors degree with emphasis in finance, economics or business related field preferred.
– Strong analytical skills with advanced excel skills.
– The ability to make decisions, use independent judgment, anticipate client needs and establish priorities.
– Must be self-motivated, client-driven, competitive and results oriented.
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple teams and individuals at various levels
– Strong aptitude for investment solutions such as Bloomberg and Charles River and the ability to gather and synthesize relevant data from various tools at Post
– Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness with the ability to work under tight deadlines and market hours
This job reports to: CIO, Post Advisory Group
This position is in Los Angeles.
About Post Advisory
Post Advisory Group is a leading multi-strategy, value-oriented asset manager specializing in global high yield and senior loans. Post currently manages over $17 billion of assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world as well as high net worth individuals. The foundation of Post’s successful long-term track record is our commitment to investment research excellence. Our investment process focuses on rigorous bottom-up fundamental credit research and analysis, with an emphasis on investments with strong downside protection in high quality businesses. In addition, we augment our research process with a top-down macro and technical overlay to enhance risk management and tactically position our portfolios for strong relative and absolute performance through macroeconomic and market cycles.