Charter Network Operations (NetOps) is dedicated to the quality, reliability and integrity of the network systems that bring products and services to our customers. In the NetOps Internship 10 Weeks Program you will be working with bright minds that are the power behind the services that Charter provides.
As a member of the Application Platform Operations (APO) Portal Operations team, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for the day-to-day monitoring, maintenance and configuration of AWS stage and production environments for Charter’s customer-facing web portals. This includes providing ongoing analysis to ensure systems are operating as expected, and serving as an escalation point for the Support Center in troubleshooting issues. We are an operations-centric organization; we keep the lights on, we take the call when things go bump in the night, and we take pride in that responsibility.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is an opportunity to obtain meaningful work experience through on-the-job training and work assignments. You will work under the supervision of operations staff on-site and gain an appreciation for operations and engineering processes and activities within the Portal Operations discipline.
General duties include:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to enhance the customer experience
- Evaluate and automate operational elements of Portal systems, platforms and/or deployments
- Report on system availability, uptime, and overall health of platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or a related field
- Currently completing the first year in a Master’s Degree program at an accredited University
- 3.0 GPA or better in current program
- Basic working knowledge of AWS Cloud technologies, UNIX-based systems and application programming (Python, Ruby, Bash, Ansible, etc.)
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate in person, on the phone, and written in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Office environment
- No travel required