View job on Handshake
Oak Street Health Leadership Development Program
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
The Leadership Development Program is an immersive experience in population health, general management, and leadership. The program is a combination of on-the-job learning in the mission-critical role of a Population Health Director (PHD) PLUS regular ongoing training and skill-building to support the development of leaders on the cutting edge of value-based healthcare.
As a Population Health Director (PHD), you will design and implement innovative population health initiatives and programs to improve quality and cost of care, resulting in overall improved health outcomes for our patients. PHDs are cross-team leaders who work side-by-side with providers, care teams, field leaders, and Treehouse (HQ-based) teammates to make lasting impacts.
Being a PHD is an important step toward General Management preparation at Oak Street Health. You’ll not only have the opportunity to make a measurable impact on our business in the first 6 months, but as a change agent and team player, you will be responsible right out of the gate for the success of programs that touch our patients’ lives.
The PHD role is one of the key pathways to the Regional Vice President role, a general management role with $30M+ P&L ownership. PHDs typically are ready for this next step within 12 to 24 months.
We currently operate centers across 20 states within the Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, South, and Southwest with plans to open more centers in multiple states per year for the foreseeable future.
What are we looking for?
- Recent MBA or other advanced degree graduates (MPH/MHA)
- Leadership experience required, healthcare experience preferred
- Supportive attitude toward our patient population
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong analytical and financial competencies
- Incredible levels of tenacity, empathy and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- US work authorization required
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.