View job on Handshake
About The Position:
The Police Records Specialist performs customer service assistance to both internal and external customers, complex record keeping to include compiling statistics, data entry, filing, document redaction, scanning, retrieval of police reports and other forms, maintenance of computerized records management system, queries state and national criminal justice information systems, and other technology based clerical work as needed.
Schedule includes shift work, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule. Attire is business casual.
Education and Experience:
A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent. Two years of experience and/or training in customer service, document-oriented workflows, or work in a related field. Proficiency with detail-oriented work which will be determined by a validated test.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements:
Obtain and maintain a Level “A” Arizona Criminal Justice Information System (ACJIS) certification. Training is provided on duty and certification testing is completed within first six months of hire. Requires successful completion of Interstate Identification Index (III) background investigation. Training is provided on duty and certification testing is completed within first six months of hire. Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on division/department/service assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Enters, queries, and retrieves data, source documents and reports from a variety of dedicated computer networks to include police department, city, state, county and federal computer systems.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls by appropriately routing or resolving them according to protocol or as trained.
- Provides exceptional customer service during difficult situations which may occur either by telephone or personal contact.
- Completes all ACJIS functions, including Level A responsibilities following all national and state protocols and instructions.
- Performs redactions of all documents, video and audio media held by the SPD prior to release in accordance with department policy and Arizona Code.
- Compiles, amends and otherwise prepares electronic and physical documents from diverse formats and systems to create uniformed and legally sufficient items for release to courts, prosecutors, government agencies, media and members of the public.
- Prepares various background and/or departmental report requests for courts and prosecution.
- Performs quality control examination and correction of all citations and long form submittals. These forms are recognized as formal charging documents and are subjected to Records Section review and approval prior to forwarding to the prosecutor’s office for consideration.
- Receives cash and prepares deposits for all Records related police and fire department matters.
- Serves as the police department point of contact for all public records, pre-payable City citations, traffic collision reports and matters pertaining to primary customer service.